Wednesday, January 13, 2010

W.W.W. Wednesdays - Jan 13, 2010


Miz B at Should be Reading hosts this meme on Wednesdays - I think it provides a great way to summarize your reading for the week and see what others have in store!

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions!
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?

What are You Currently Reading?

Twenties Girl: A Novel is the newest novel by Sophie Kinsella (of Shopaholic fame) - so far, I am not sure this is as good as the Undomestic Goddess of the Shopaholic series but I am enjoying it.

What did you recently finish reading?

Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office is a hilarious read - the main characters self-effacing humor is great. I have posted my review - please check it out!
The Colour of Love is the story of a successful attorney who decides to pursue her dream of painting but cannot tell her traditional, Indian parents that she has given up her career to do something creative. It is a funny story but there are some important messages in there about the price of living up to others expectations. My review will be posted soon.
What will you read next?

New World Monkeys: A Novel - this is my book club's pick for our Feb 6th meeting. The author will be joining our meeting which will be interesting. I have heard mixed reviews of this book - wonder what I will think? If you have read this, I would love to hear your thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. Reading Dawkins' Blind Watchmaker
    Finished Your Inner Fish
    Next: The Graveyard Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading: THE SKIN I'M IN
    Just finished: PROJECT 17
    next: not sure yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading: Under the Dome, Breathless, and 20th Century Ghosts (because I am incapable of reading just one book at a time)

    Finished: Suite Scarlett

    Next: Heck:Where The Bad Kids Go

    Love this meme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not care for New World Monkeys that much. The reviews seem mixed. I hope your group enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete