Sunday, November 1, 2009

About Me

I love, love, love to read and really enjoy a good dialogue about what I am reading. I often discuss books with other bookish friends or through a few books clubs in which I participate but I thought blogging would give me yet another outlet for my musings on what I have read or am wanting to read.

Other pertinent facts . . . I am in my 30's, live in NYC and work in a decidedly un-literary field (Pharma R&D). I have always enjoyed reading - I rarely remember being anywhere as a child without a book in tow. I pursued science in college but added English Lit as a second major so I could get my book fix.

What do I read/review?
  • Genres: I have varied tastes in books - I like contemporary fiction, women's fiction (that includes chick lit!), non-fiction (especially memoirs), travelogues and short stories. I am especially interested in Irish authors and books set in Ireland.
  • Formats: Paperback, Hardback, Audiobook. I don't currently have an e-reader so I do not read/review in ebook format
  • What Do I Not Review? Sci-Fi, Romance (Bodice-Rippers)

10 comments:

  1. I love your new design! It totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely love the layout.
    New Yorkers ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog design, and your page lay outs.

    This looks very sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your site...great design; so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, stumbled upon your blog while bloghopping and I'm your new follower. Love the design on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we like a lot of the same kinds of books - love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Diana Gabledon books are worth a read. They are a powerful tale with lots of authentic history myth and romance. Always look forward to her next book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too admire your blog design. Very striking. Just wanted to say that you don't need an eReader to read digital books. You can get an app for PC or Mac and read books online.

    ReplyDelete