Story Siren hosts In My Mailbox where book bloggers offer a peek into the books that arrived in their homes over the past week - I have really enjoyed looking at other's posts for this meme so I decided to participate myself for the first time.
God knows I have no business bringing anymore books into this house - the shelves are overflowing! But for each one, I have a very good reason for needing it (ahh . . . the art of justification).
- New World Monkeys by Nancy Mauro - this one is for an upcoming Hardcovers and Highballs book club meeting. I have started reading it and so far, so good.
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin - this is for an upcoming Chick Lit Book Club meeting
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows - Also a Chick Lit Book Club selection (although I probably would have gotten this anyway)
- That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo - this was on my Paperbackswap.com wishlist. It takes a while for these books to move up in the queue - how could I say no?
- The Inner Circle by T.C. Boyle - I had read Tortilla Curtain by TC Boyle and was on the lookout for other titles of his when Farm Lane Books reviewed Inner Circle. It was available on Bookmooch so I ordered it right away.
- Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen - I read this in high school but have recently decided that it warrants a re-read as an adult.