Tuesday, January 19, 2010

In My Mailbox


Story Siren hosts In My Mailbox where book bloggers offer a peek into the books that arrived in their homes over the past week - I have really enjoyed looking at other's posts for this meme so I decided to participate myself for the first time.

God knows I have no business bringing anymore books into this house - the shelves are overflowing! But for each one, I have a very good reason for needing it (ahh . . . the art of justification).



  1. New World Monkeys by Nancy Mauro - this one is for an upcoming Hardcovers and Highballs book club meeting. I have started reading it and so far, so good.
  2. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin - this is for an upcoming Chick Lit Book Club meeting
  3. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows - Also a Chick Lit Book Club selection (although I probably would have gotten this anyway)
  4. That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo - this was on my Paperbackswap.com wishlist. It takes a while for these books to move up in the queue - how could I say no?
  5. The Inner Circle by T.C. Boyle - I had read Tortilla Curtain by TC Boyle and was on the lookout for other titles of his when Farm Lane Books reviewed Inner Circle. It was available on Bookmooch so I ordered it right away.
  6. Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen - I read this in high school but have recently decided that it warrants a re-read as an adult.
So that is my haul for the week - what arrived into your home?

6 comments:

  1. Have fun with the Russo! Cape Magic was one of those novels I didn't realize how much I liked until it was over...So, my advice, take it slow and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Loved That Old Cape Magic --enjoy. New World Monkeys was okay IMO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so interested in The Happiness Project -- I've looked at it in stores a few times and have been checking out the blog! I'll be eager to hear what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved P&P when I read it for the first time last year. Hope it's even better for you in adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't need to justify books to me! LOL Guernsey is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these books, they look interesting,:)

    Here's what i got this week:

    http://booknerds-are-pretty-too.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete