Story Siren hosts In My Mailbox where book bloggers offer a peek into the books that arrived in their homes over the past week. Mailbox Monday hosted by Marcia at the Printed Page has the same objective - I can relate to the warning that accompanies this meme on her website: "Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists"
Well, I have definitely fallen victim to the topping TBR piles! The book buying/swapping has gotten out of control since I started book blogging. Here is what arrived this week"
- The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks- this is a review copy that arrived from Val at Hachette Books (thank you!). Looking forward to reading and reviewing it - I will also soon be doing a giveaway for this book.
- Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women by Geraldine Brooks- this is for the January theme of the Social Justice Challenge - Religious Freedom
- Land of Mango Sunsets by Dorothea Benton Frank- found this at a Borders sale and couldn't resist since my Mom really enjoys this author and has recommended her to me. I figured we will both read this book
- Oxygen: A Novel by Carol Cassella- another Borders sale find! I love novels with a medical twist - especially those written by doctors
- In a Good Place: A Novel by Rachel Johnson - another Borders sale find! This is the sequel to Notting Hell which I loved so I am definitely looking forward to this one.
- I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosby - this collection of essays was recommended to me quite some time ago but it finally came up on PBS
- MIDDLE PLACE- by Kelly Corrigan - picked this up in the thrift store as I have been meaning to read it for a long time
- Water for Elephants: A Novel-by Sara Gruen - another thrift store purchase
- The Dogs of Babelby Carolyn Parkhurst - my final thrift store find on this outing