Ok - I am in the final leg of trip home with yet another flight delay (aka more online time for Bloggiesta!) Here is what I worked on during this delay :)
1. Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your blog and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Layout could be improved – I would like to do more with sidebars but my HTML knowledge is limited
- Add Tabs
- Add Widgets
- Goal: add Tabs and Widgets to Layout by Jan 17th
2. Take a look at your blog’s content. How can you make it better?
-Because I am establishing my blog, consistency is important. I need to post a review or meme 5 of every 7 days. To do that, I need to work on some posts that I can use when I don’t have extra time to set aside that day
- Brainstorm on some themes so that I can solidify my blog’s identity and generate a following – I have some ideas in this area that I will flesh out more. Goal: Have the first post in a theme series up by Feb 15th
3. Explore your blog stats. We’re all obsessed with our stats anyway, so you may as well make your obsession work for you, right? How would you like to see your blog grow in 2010?
- Current Stats (since Dec 10th)– 177 visitors (124 New); 7 followers
- Increase traffic by connecting with other bloggers actively (comments, etc), participating in memes and challenges
- Not sure what is realistic in terms of goals here – any suggestions on how many new visits per week/months is realistc?
4. Set goals related to the topic of your blog.
- In terms of reading goals, I don’t have a baseline since I just starting blogging and have no idea how many books I read last year. Goal: Establish a baseline in 2010 that I can build on for 2011
- I am participating in a number of challenges which should keep my reading selections pretty varied Goal: Identify books to satisfy challenges so that I have an idea of what I need to read (and how much!) in order to meet challenges – complete by Jan 17th
- Track my reading with Fyrefly’s awesome spreadsheet.
Thanks to Rebecca for this mini-challenge – it definitely helped me structure my goals - if you don’t set goals, you never meet them!
Please send me your thoughts/comments on the above goals - you all have great blogs and I would love to learn as much as I can from you!