Friday, January 8, 2010

Inaugural Bloggiesta!



The second annual Bloggiesta hosted by Maw Books starts today and continues until Sunday. I was excited when I heard about this since I am new to book blogging and like the idea of taking some dedicated time to work on my blog and bring it up to approaching the standards of some of the great book blogs I visit! The challenge for me is that I am traveling back from India during Bloggiesta but I have today and all day Sunday to work on it. In addition, I plan to work on some things offline while flying tomorrow and then upload when I am in a wi-fi connected area. Here are some of the things I want to work on:

  1. sprucing up blog layout - especially working on sidebars
  2. learning and implementing tips on staying current with my blog and others posts
  3. write up reviews for books already read so that I can have some posts in reserve for busy weeks
  4. plan some blog topics/events/themes for 2010

Off to work - ole! Now if I could track down a margarita in Bombay, things could really get started . . . .

8 comments:

  1. Followed you over here from Mother Reader's commenting challenge - saw your handle included NYC & thought that as another New York blogger I should say hi!

    I'm impressed you'll be doing the bloggiesta while traveling - though goodness knows with the way air travel is lately you'll probably have lots of time to yourself to think. For the bloggiesta I'm also going to be focusing on brainstorming future posts and themes for 2010, so that days/months of note don't sneak up on me without a pertinent post already written. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the Bloggiesta! The last Bloggiesta (June 2009) I was a new blogger as well and it really helped me learn some great blogging tips. I hope you have the same experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I'm so excited about the Bloggiesta!! Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog ... I've just subscribed to yours! (And, I must say, it doesn't appear that you're brand new to this ... your blog is very well-done.)

    Have fun with Bloggiesta - it is a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my first Bloggieta too! Have a safe and productive trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok Angela, you jinxed me - I am now stuck in Delhi on a two hour (rapidly stretching to 3 hour) delay! But there is wi-fi so I am bloggiesta-ing. Time is not lost!

    Melissa - thanks for your kind words! I am looking forward to the Memorable Memoir Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, Booksnyc! I'm thrilled I came across your blog via Bloggiesta (albeit a bit late!) but I look forward to reading your blog more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OnlinePublicist - thanks for stopping by my blog. I have subscribed to yours too and look forward to having the opportunity to work with you in the future.

    ReplyDelete