Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Salon: May 2, 2010 - April in Review

The Sunday Salon.com

It feels good to have surfaced and joined the land of the living again! Work has been absolutely horrific over the past few weeks and I essentially dropped out of life as I pulled all-nighters and responded to one crisis after another at work. It has become clear that this the crazy schedule at work is now the new normal so I made a decision last week to stake out some boundaries and maintain work/life balance as best as possible. With that, I am headed back to bootcamp tomorrow morning and am back in the land of book blogs - yay!

April was definitely light in terms of reviews (see above) but I did do a lot of reading. Here is what I read this month - the links take you to my reviews if I have completed them:

Very Valentine: Adriana Trigiani
Brava Valentine: Adriana Trigiani
The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott: Kelly O'Connor McNees
Hiking Through: Paul Stultzman
Alexandra, Gone: Anna McPartlin
The Guest House: Barbara Richardson

I am also remiss in posting my review of The Season of Second Chances by Diane Meier but I will have that up (along with a giveaway of my ARC) this week.

On to a better month in May!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, and good luck adjusting to the new normal! The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that work is not going to get any better but glad you're able to find a way to set boundaries to make sure you don't burn yourself out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I credit my mom with my love fo reading too, and now we always exchange books.

    ReplyDelete