Monday, May 31, 2010

In My Mailboc/Mailbox Monday: Memorial Day


Story Siren hosts In My Mailbox where book bloggers offer a peek into the books that arrived in their homes over the past week. Mailbox Monday hosted by Marcia at the Printed Page has the same objective. These memes are great in that they offer us a chance to see what others are reading- it's like candy for book addicts!

I am a week behind with IMM and MM so I will cover my BEA books next week (don't worry - I missed the exhibits so it's not out of control at all!). Despite knowing I would be getting books at BEA, I still felt compelled to purchase the following two books:

This was my Waiting on Wednesday pick a few weeks ago and I just couldn't wait!

I was fascinated by this story as it was unfolding in the news so I was looking forward to reading more about it in this memoir. I finished it over the weekend and more review will be up shortly!
This book was a win from Serena at Savvy Verse and Wit (thanks Serena!) This will be my first novel by this author and I am looking forward to it!

What came into your home this week?

9 comments:

  1. oh, great mailbox! I'm interested in The Map of True Places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new books Colleen. I like the sound of the B. Barry book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Heart of the Matter. I thought it would be a light chick lit book but it was much more serious than I though it would be. It was still good though! I saw the Ling sisters on Oprah and I want to read their book. They are remarkable girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somewhere Inside would intrigue me too as I was fascinated by that story as well! Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to pick up Heart of the Matter from the library today, I'm so excited!
    The Laura and Lisa Ling book looks great as well, it was such a fascinating story when it was in the news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so far behind on reading blogs. When did you change your background? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lisa - just changed it last week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought 3 books while I was in New York for BEA, so I know how you felt! I haven't heard anything about the Lisa Ling story and think that book looks fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you will enjoy Heart of the Matter. I loved it and hated for it to end. I hope Ms. Giffin will bring back these characters in a follow-up novel.

    ReplyDelete