With 90 degree heat this week in NYC, Summer has arrived! I long to be able to hit the beach with a stack of books but I may need to resort to my buidling's roof until I can take some vacation time! What is your reading destination this summer?
The first day of Summer was June 21st and that also brought and end to the Spring Reading Thing hosted by Callapidder Days. For this "challenge" participants set out their reading plans for the Spring season - I posted my list here and this how I did:
- Hiking Through: Finding Peace and Freedom on the Appalachian TrailHiking Through: Finding Peace and Freedom on the Appalachian Trail by Paul Stutzman
- Very Valentine: A Novel by Adriana Trigiani [Review here]
- Brava, Valentine: A Novel by Adriana Trigiani [Review here]
- The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees [Review Here]
- The Season of Second Chances: A Novel by Diane Meier [Review Here]
- Brooklyn: A Novel by Colm Toibin [Review Here]
- Prospect Park West: A Novel [Review Here]
As much as I wanted to read every book on my list, I also got distracted by other books which took me off plan . . .
- Alexandra, Gone by Anna McPartlin [Review here]
- Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, a Man Who Would Cure the World (Paperback) by Tracy Kidder [Review here]
- Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home by Laura and Lisa Ling [Review Here]
Spring was tough for me - I had 6 horrible weeks at work which left me with limited time for reading so I didn't accomplish everything I had hoped - here is what I didn't read. These will be moving to my list for summer ...