What is BIP, you ask? The Blog Improvement Project is a year-long challenge hosted by Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness and Jackie at Farm Lane Books Blog - during the year, there will be challenges or to-do items posted twice per month (1st and 3rd Mondays). These challenges will aim to help the blogger maker their blog better (say that fast three times)!
Being new to book blogging (well, blogging full stop), I am excited to focus on my blog through these projects and bring my blog up a notch. I see so many great blogs as I move through the blogosphere - I would like to draw on what I like about other blogs but also find a voice and identity of my own.
This week we are asked to make goals for our blog - here are mine:
- Improve template - I would like to get a background/header that is more customized
- Improve font style and colors so that they are crisp
- Add Tabs - move about me and blog archive to tabs (currently in right column). Create tab for challenges
- Create location for giveaways - either in columns or a tab
- Add photos of books just read/reading/to be read (other than goodreads or shelfari widgets)
- Work on 1-2 themed posts/series that can run throughout the year - complete plans including calendars
- Write 1 back-up post per week that can be used during busy weeks
- Brand blog with gravatar (first learn what that is!) that aligns with header and template
- List blog on Technorati
- Add email subscription option
Watch this space - good things are coming!