Monday, February 22, 2010

In My Mailbox/Mailbox Monday - February 22, 2010


Story Siren hosts In My Mailbox where book bloggers offer a peek into the books that arrived in their homes over the past week. Mailbox Monday hosted by Marcia at the Printed Page has the same objective. These memes are great in that they offer us a chance to see what others are reading- it's like candy for book addicts!

Here is what arrived in the mail this week:




I'll Know It When I See It: A Daughter's Search for Home in Ireland by Alice Carey- this author returns to her mother's homeland, Ireland, to buy a home with her husband. The book recounts the hunt for the house and their life together in Ireland. (from Amazon)


An Irish Country Childhood: Memories of a Bygone Age by Marrie Walsh - this author is from the same part of Ireland as my Mom - it looks to be a charming memoir and I thought my Mom would love to read it when I was done. (from Amazon)

100 Shades of White by Preethi Nair - I read and reviewed the Colour of Love by this author earlier in the year and really enjoyed the writer's style so I decided to pick up another of her books (Bookmooch)

On the Brink: Inside the Race to Stop the Collapse of the Global Financial Systemby Henry Paulson - I don't undertstand nearly enough about the economy but am fascinated to learn more especially about the events that took place late in 2009 (Hachette)

What came into your mailbox this week? Have you read any of the ones I received?

16 comments:

  1. These all sound good...I'm always intrigued by books about Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mailbox! I'll Know When I See It intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so love the cover of An Irish Country Childhood...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, nice mailbox! 100 Shades of White looks really good. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The books set in Ireland have caught my eye. They both sound very good. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have On the Brink too. I think it shoul be a good read.

    Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You received some books this past week that sound wonderful. I have a "thing" for books set in Ireland or about Ireland and Irish characters. "I'll Know it When I See It" sounds wonderful...it would be amazing to buy a house in Ireland! An Irish Country Childhood sounds beautiful (I love the cover too. It's a really nice idea to share the book with your mom, too. I wonder what she'll think of it since the author is from the same area of Ireland.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to add 100 Shades of White to my TBR list. I love Indian fiction. I haven't heard of this author before but I am going to check out your review. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your books, they all sound great! hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting selection--like others, the Irish ones appeal most to me. Enjoy your haul.

    I did this meme (inspired by yours) for the first time: http://janegs.blogspot.com/2010/02/mailbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the looks of the Irish one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like some wonderful reading ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm drawn to books set in/about Ireland, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Happy reading!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not familiar with these titles--but they look and sound enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll Know When I See It looks and sounds good. The others are interesting too. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete