Monday, February 1, 2010

In My Mailbox/Mailbox Monday - Feb 1, 2010


Story Siren hosts In My Mailbox where book bloggers offer a peek into the books that arrived in their homes over the past week. Mailbox Monday hosted by Marcia at the Printed Page has the same objective - I can relate to the warning that accompanies this meme on her website: "Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists"

Each week I write this post promising that I will have no new books in the following week - so far I am 0 for 3! New batches of books are arriving every week - I guess there are worse vices than books, right?



  • The Crazy School by Cornelia Read- this is a review copy that arrived from Val at Hachette Books (thank you!). Looking forward to reading and reviewing it - I will also soon be doing a giveaway for this book.
  • Absolute Power (audiobook) by David Baldacci- this is my first book read or listened to by Baldacci and so far it has me drawn in! I received this courtesy of Miriam at Hachette Books and I will soon be hosting a giveaway for it
  • Easy on the Eyes by Jane Porter- this came up via the wishlist at PaperbackSwap. I read two of her earlier novels and and looking forward to this one

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've heard interesting things about Cleaving - hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great books this week. I hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Easy on the Eyes will be a great read. I liked her other books too. My MM is here Have a good week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to see that Cleaving arrived safe and sound Colleen. I hope you enjoy it!

    ♥Nely

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great variety of books you received...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mailbox! Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucky girl, you got "Cleaving", I heard great things about the book. Enjoy..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cleaving was a mixed bag for me personally, but I would enjoy hearing the author read her writing.

    Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Crazy School looks so cute. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THey all look good, thanks for stopping by the other day and commenting my review of Rich Again by ANna Maxted, I liked the book although I read some reviews where people didn't...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a nice mix. I still haven't read "Julie and Julia" but it is nice to know she has a follow-up in case I really like it. Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's hard to resist books. :-) I've been wanting to read something by Cornelia Read for awhile now. I'll be curious to know what you think of the book you will be reviewing. Sacred Games is also one I want to read. It sounds like something I would really like.

    I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jenners - I will post a review of Cleaving soon!

    @ Literary Feline - check back later this week - I will have the giveaway for the Cornelia Read posted.

    Thanks to everyone for stopping by - I have enjoyed checking out what you received this week too!

    ReplyDelete