Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Salon: June 16, 2013

The Sunday Salon.com


Well, after spending the week amid flash flood warnings, NYC was treated to an absolutely gorgeous weekend. The weather was in the 70's, sunny without a hint of humidity. I felt compelled to drink it in - it won't be long before it is hot and sticky in the city and I knew I would regret not getting out when the weather was so nice. I even spent some time up on my roofdeck with this book:




Next week is Audiobook Week hosted by Jen at Devourer of Books. There are topics for each day and I plan to post about a couple of them. I generally have one audiobook going at a time and have found that they are a great way to supplement my printed reading and, more importantly, to keep me occupied on drives to CT for work or walking around the city. Do you listen to audiobooks?




In Case You Missed It
I have really been enjoying the Top Ten Tuesday topics hosted by Broke and Bookish lately.  This week's topic was Top Ten Beach reads.  I included a mix of my favorite beach reads over all and those releasing this summer which I am looking forward to spending some time with while relaxing in a beach chair. 

On Friday, I posted a review of the audiobook of Lucia, Lucia by Adriana Trigiani. This book had many of my favorite book elements - an immigrant theme and a NYC setting.  It was my first listen to narrator Cassandra Campbell but I will definitely be listening to more narrated by her.

Finally, Happy Father's Day Dad!

Don't get blinded by the wallpaper!

10 comments:

  1. It was definitely a nice day in the city yesterday!!!

    I listen to audio books and often have 2 going on - 1 for the car and 1 on my iPod to listen while walking. I'll be participating in Audio Book Week as well - it's always such a fun way to find new titles/new narrators.

    I loved Lucia Lucia and have listened to Cassandra Campbell before - she narrated Promises to Keep by Jane Green, which was really good.

    Have a great week!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather sounds glorious! I think I left the city too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about Audiobook Week too - they've made my commute so much more interesting. And yay for the gorgeous weather!!!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that photo of you and your dad, adorable! My eyes hurt a little bit though, ha ha.

    I hope you're able to enjoy the weather before it gets too hot :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Adriana Trigiani's books...haven't read Lucia, Lucia yet.

    That wallpaper looks familiar! lol

    Here's my SUNDAY UPDATES/MAILBOX MONDAY

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... I think we had the same wallpaper!!! It's a look you just don't forget ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished Big Brother yesterday. Will be curious to read your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw I love it! And the groovy chair he's sitting in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colleen...I love the photo. The wallpaper and your dad's shirt made for an acid-flashback...LOL kidding...

    I love audio books and always have one going in my car and on my iPod as well. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete