Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

It's Readathon time! I am so excited to be spending this weekend READING. It is actually pretty nice outside and after spending the winter waiting for some sun, I can't let the day go by inside. So, I will be heading out with my trusty headphones to listen to some audiobooks throughout the day (my Fitbit will be happy!). The rest of the time I will be settled in on my couch reading and checking in on all your blogs!

 Opening Questionnaire:
  1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
New York City (complete with jackhammering taking place right outside my window)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Haven't planned much in that department but there is always Seamless
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Live in a big city, love to travel (even if it is only in books sometimes)
 5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
Not sure what I will do different - I tend to play this by ear.  But I am going to read for charity again - I have done that a few times before and I like what it adds to my readathon experience. Today I will be donating .25 for each page read and each comment received to this cause.

Have a great day!
  

17 comments:

  1. An audio while getting some fresh air sounds like a great way to spend part of today! Hope it's a beautiful day where you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you're reading for charity. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea!! Perhaps we should turn Readathon for Charity into a regular feature? I'd be in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to read for charity. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to do good for others while enjoying your favorite hobby. Enjoy the beautiful day (except for the jackhammering)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not being from NYC I didn't know what Seamless was - I was trying to imagine what type of food was called "seamless!" I see you've even solved the "have to stop reading and feed myself" problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you are donating! Hope you have a wonderful reading day and get a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the nice weather outside! Have a wonderful reading day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome that you're reading for charity! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you're reading for charity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss reading from NYC, jackhammers and all! Happy readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Over the hump and almost at hour 16 - you are rocking this readathon!! Amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to read for charity, love that :) Happy readathoning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a productive readathon and love that you are donating your reading time to charity. Here's my Dewey's Read-a-thon post if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this idea! Will try to do one myself when I next get a free weekend. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete