Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Salon: Augusst 8, 2010

The Sunday Salon.com

I am writing this Sunday Salon from the balcony of my hotel room in sunny Cancun Mexico on Day 4 of my 5 day vacation while I listen to the crashing of waves and feel sun on my face - it doesn't get much better than this!  The trip has been perfect - completely telaxing and rejuvenating - exactly what I needed right now. I only wish is would last a little bit longer . .  ..

I have gotten some reading done while here - one of the best parts of vacation is having uninterrupted time to read an really fall into a story.  The two books in the pic above (I know it is a little shadowed) are

The Corrections: A Novel I have been meaning to read this forever - it is on a few challenge lists too- and since it is large I thought it would be great for vacation


A Summer Affair: A Novel Her books and their covers just scream summer to me and this one set in Nantucket delivered - a perfect pooiside/beachside read

Week in Review.

In case you missed them,  I posted two reviews this week:

Jan's Story by Barry Petersen
Waxed by Robert Rave

Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday no matter where you spend it!  I am off to the pool and a frozen drink!



17 comments:

  1. Looks like heaven... glad you're having a relaxing time. I loved The Corrections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect place to relax and refresh; enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're having a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very jealous. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Corrections; it's one of my many TBR books, but it's one I've been eyeing for a while now. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your vacation sounds blissful! I've read Corrections and A Summer Affair and enjoyed them both.

    Hope you come back from your trip all refreshed...

    Here's my salon:

    http://accidentalmoments.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/the-sunday-salon-august-8/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like paradise! There is nothing better than a great summer book while relaxing by the pool/beach (and even better with a daiquiri)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous! And you even struck just the right vacation note with one heftier book and a light summer read. Still trying to get to The Corrections myself. Hope it worked for you. Happy reading (in your tropical paradise).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful way to relax! My son and his girlfriend are supposed to go to Cancun this fall and I'm so nervous to have them set foot in Mexico these days. You'll have to let me know if you felt safe the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every year I consider taking The Corrections on vacation. It always seems like a good one for that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i'm so jealous of you right now! i feel like i could use a relaxing vacation in cancun. i hope you're having a great time over there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so jealous of that view and I want to know if telaxing is a cross between "tea" and "relaxing" which sounds kinda perfect right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maree - Just noticed that typo! Thanks for pointing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, I am drooling with jealousy over here! It has been a freezing cold summer here in San Fran and I could use some serious beach time! Hope it was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great view! You are so good to blog on vacation. Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for relaxing vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear you're enjoying your vacation in Cancun--we really enjoyed out trip there a few years ago. Really a beautiful part of the world.

    I'll be interested in hearing how you like The Corrections. It's been sitting on my shelf for years now too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed A Summer Affair! I look forward to your thoughts on it! :)

    Have fun in Cancun!

    ReplyDelete