Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dewey's Readathon: October 2013



Ok - I am in! The Readathon wasn't on my radar for some reason this month but all the #readathon tweets and excitement have drawn me in! I have a baby shower later today so will not be reading for the entire 24 hours but am still looking forward to getting some solid reading in.


 And for the first time, I have my trusty readathon companion with me - Prince! I adopted him last night and so far he seems pretty content (after we have played some catch and tug) to rest next to me while I read.

I will update this post throughout the day - to get things started, here is my Hour 1 update:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
 NYC
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? 
Not sure  . . . since joining was a last minute call, my planning is non-existent.  But I know I will finish The Girl You Left Behind  - loving it! 
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
See above re: planning :(
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I live in the city, love to read and have been blogging for almost 4 years. 
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Will try to keep the distractions to a minimum so I can really read! 

9 comments:

  1. Aww, Prince is such a cutie. I'm sure he'll make a great readathon buddy! I've been signed up for a week now, and my readathon is still lacking a great deal of planning. I've got snacks by pure happenstance and I chose my book this morning without the benefit of a small stack of possibilities. Here's to winging it! LOL

    Happy reading! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new pup! I hope you have a blast. The break for the baby shower will probably be welcome.

    Enjoy!

    Lisa
    #TeamOtter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't plan either for the day. It was a last minute "Alright, I'll do it" kind of thing. But it IS a lot of fun! Hope you read loads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable reading companion. So cool that you and he have a Read-a-Thon to enjoy on your first full day together. Have a great time!

    Team Otter Cheerleader, Joy
    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prince! Oh my word, too cute!! I hope you've had a great day so far!

    Jennifer~ Team Otter Cheerleader!
    The Relentless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm winging this readathon as well! I wasn't sure I was going to participate until Friday night. Woo hoo for last minute planners!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My trusty reading companion totally fell asleep on me! I hope yours has a little more longevity!

    Shannon - Team Otter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colleen, your new addition is adorable. So happy u chose to adopt. Much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, Prince is adorable! I'm glad you got to do some readathon-ing. It wasn't on my radar either, and I ended up having out-of-town company for the weekend and spent the whole day out sight-seeing. Oh well...spring!

    ReplyDelete