Saturday, April 25, 2015

Readathon- April 25th


I will update this post throughout the day . . . .


Hour 8 Update
Finally my first book is done! I finished Silver Girl by Elin Hildebrand (about 156 pages read - I had already started this one).  Other than that, I took a walk to donate some books at the Book Cellar (and picked up a few books - couldn't resist!)   I also stopped off at the Farmer's Market on the way home for some berries to have with yogurt as a snack plus some vegetables for dinner later.  While out on this excursion, I listened to The Story Hour by Thrity Umrigar.  Felt good to get outside in the fresh air and to move (I got about 5,000 steps in so will need another walk later to reach my 10K for the day)

Now I am moving on to Her Name is Rose by Christine Breen - this is another book I had already started and will see if I can polish it off during the Readathon.

How is your Readathon going?



1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? 
NYC - a cold NYC, I will add.  38 degrees at 8 am at the end of April!!


2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? 
Looking forward to finally finishing Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand - I started it over a month ago but have been flitting between other books.  This one is light and a great pick for the readathon so I am going to polish it off this morning.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? 
Already fired up the espresso maker and had my first latte - looking forward to delicious caffeine infusions!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! 
I have been blogging for almost 6 years (wow)! and though I have flagged a bit with blogging of late, I do love the readathon and am glad to participate again this year,

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
More movement - by the end of a day of just sitting still things start to ache so I am going to make an effort to move as much as possible.  My dog will need walking so I plan to get out a few times for a little while and bring an audiobook along.

24 comments:

  1. 38 degrees! It needs to warm up before BEA! I hope you have a blast today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 38 degrees is far too cold but the latte sounds delicious! More movement sounds like a good plan. I can see how sitting all day would make for aching back and joints. Good luck and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the readathon! It's chilly in Maine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It cold where you are and it's hot here in Texas. Go figure. Happy reading! I've cheered until I can't cheer no more. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're enjoying the Readathon! Can't wait until spring comes back and kicks these cold temperatures to the curb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't it seem like every time you do a readathon, you tweak your game plan a bit? The first time I did it, I really tried to keep my butt reading all day but I can't just sit all day and often find myself up fluttering about. I like the idea of planning some walks right into the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Hello, Dianne! Can you please share your readathon books with me? I can't make up my mind what to read.. I've a list suggested by my writer from term-paper-research.com, but there are so many books that are worth reading. I'm thinking about Harry Potter, but I'm ashamed to read it a bit..
      Susan - need your help

      Delete
    2. Hi, Susan! I'll help you with pleasure! I don't find anything shameful in Harry Potter books. You can read them, if you like. I'd recommend that you should read Joe Hill's books, if you're interested in the Gothic Tradition. I adore his books. You can start with the Horns. Then there are also My Father's Mask and Heart-Shaped Box and many others. Hope you'll find them interesting.
      Dianne

      Delete
    3. Hi, Dianne! Thank you for your help! I think I should try to read something by Joe Hill, though I don't like too mysterious things. Hope I'll like it.
      Susan

      Delete
  8. so interested in this blog, i never see such a great article since before thanks for sharing
    Ey Yaa
    EyYaa
    Ey Yaa Dot Com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems kind of strange if we do not mention a renowned style of panties that are designed for the more seductive side of our lives. Toptan fantazi iç giyim

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. womanstyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I¦ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my site
    온라인경마
    경마사이트


    ReplyDelete
  12. Good post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Cheers!
    마사지블루

    ReplyDelete
  13. KYK Yurt WİFİ Kota Sorgulama: KYK WİFİ Kota Sorgulama Nasıl Yapılır?
    Öğrenciler internet kotasını bitirdiğinde internete girebilir fakat internet çok yavaş olacağı için işlem yapamayabilirler. Bu yüzden sık sık kotasını sorgulamak isteyeceklerdir. Peki KYK WİFİ Kota Sorgulama Nasıl Yapılır? Bu sorunun cevabını makalemizde bulabilirsiniz.
    https://ogrencigundemi.com/kyk-yurt-wifi-kota-sorgulama-kyk-wifi-kota-sorgulama-nasil-yapilir/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Duygu Çakmak Kimdir, Kaç Yaşında? Duygu Çakmak Boy ve Kilo Kaç?
    Lübnan'da düzenlenen Miss Europe 2021 güzellik yarışmasında 3. olan Duygu Çakmak hakkında tüm merak edilenler makalemizde...
    https://ogrencigundemi.com/duygu-cakmak-kimdir-kac-yasinda-duygu-cakmak-boy-ve-kilo-kac/

    ReplyDelete
  15. is one very interesting post. 메이저사이트I like the way you write and I will bookmark your blog to my favorites.


    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for an interesting blog. What else may I get that sort of info written in such a perfect approach? I have an undertaking that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the lookout for such info 먹튀검증 It's amazing. I want to learn your writing skills. In fact, I also have a website. If you are okay, please visit once and leave your opinion. Thank you.


    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm reading from Maryland today! It was 62 degrees here today, not bad for being winter time.

    ReplyDelete