I am still recuperating from the past week and can't seem to work up the energy right now for a complete BEA/BBC re-cap but thought I would feature 5 of my favorite books from BEA - I am focusing this list on books that are not yet published to whet everyone's appetite for what is coming in the next weeks and months. I also received some great books which are already published and will feature those separately. Cassandra from IndiereaderHouston hosts 5 Best Books each week and this week her topic is 5 best books picked up at BEA (check out her site for other's 5 Best Lists)
Here are the top 5 books (yet to be published) that I picked up at BEA:
1. The Little Women Letters by Gabrielle Donnelly from Touchstone (Simon and Schuster) - I love all things Little Women and this modern day story of Jo's great-great granddaughters sounds delightful (available for pre-order now and publishes June 7th)
2. Next to Love: A Novel by Ellen Feldman from Spiegel and Grau - this story follows three women as their husbands go off to WWII and chronicles their lives through a full generation later (available for pre-order now and publishes July 27th)
3. Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close from Knopf follows a group of women in their twenties as they navigate dating, careers and the many weddings of their friends. The voice of the author is touted to be sardonic and witty which is a draw for me. (available for pre-order now and publishes August 16th)
4. Fathermucker: A Novel by Greg Olear from Harper is the story of a stay-at-home Dad who finds out his wife may be having an affair - the entire book is told in 24 hour period. (available for pre-order now and publishes Oct 4, 2011)
5. The Forgotten Waltz by Anne Enright from WW Norton is the latest novel from this Irish author who won the Booker for her novel The Gathering. Like in the Gathering, Enright presents "the momentous drama of everyday life" - my kind of book! (available for pre-order now and publishes October 2011)
What books are you looking forward to?